12/03/2008

A short note on ToonBoom and Flash

ToonBoom is a programme that I have not used much outside of class. This is really due to the fact that I ultimately prefer using Flash and so tend to avoid ToonBoom when I can use my favourite wee piece of animation software. Both programmes are similar in what they offer. They each have a good array of drawing and painting tools, layers and are easy to animate in. The layout is different but they are very similar and both good pieces of software.

Flash is something that I have used more at home, when doing class work in previous modules or making animations for fun. However for this animatic we, Team Squiggle, will be using ToonBoom. I've grown used to Flash so it will be interesting hopping over to using ToonBoom for this. It will give me a good chance to become aquainted with it in depth and so will perhaps remove my ultimate preference towards Flash.

No comments: